FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you still have an unanswered question, speak to one of our international shipping specialists!
Quotation and Billing
If you are a non-account customer, you have the option of paying by credit card or debit card when you arrange for a shipment with MyDHL+ or when contacting our customer service. You can pay in cash when you are self-lodging your shipment.
If you are an account customer, you have the same options of payment but you will be eligible to use our MyBill (electronic billing) portal, electronic fund transfer, AXS, cheque, PayNow, or direct debit – a form of automatic GIRO payment.
Eligible to account customers only, you can visit DHL MyBill to sign-up.
After signing up, you will receive an update from our finance team within 24 hours on the status of your registration. Once your account has been activated, you will be notified and you can proceed to log in.
You have to be an account customer to apply for direct debit. Fill in this application form and send it to:
DHL Express (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Level 5, No. 1 Tai Seng Drive
A breakdown of the key highlights of DHL MyBill:
- Receive email notifications for new invoices
- Review all historical payments
- Generate customized reports on your billings
- Query and dispute invoices
- Secure payment by eNets or PayNow
- Easy organization, reducing the need for physical invoices
- No additional charges
If you have a MyBill account, go to “My Account” and click “Me”, and select the option to dispute the invoice. If you do not have a MyBill account, you can contact our finance at 6880 6405.
Unless otherwise agreed, credit terms for freight is 30 days and credit term for duties and taxes is 7 days.
Our system will mail you reminder letters or you will be contacted by our finance team.
Typically, there are 2 reasons why you might be billed more.
- You did not indicate the accurate weight when creating your air waybill. All DHL Express shipments are subject to re-weigh, and if your shipment is heavier than what was originally declared, you will be billed the difference.
- You have incurred duties and taxes – you will need to pay for it before your shipment can clear customs.
If you prefer to speak to our experts, you can call our finance department at 6880 6405. This hotline operates from 0900 – 1800hrs, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can call our toll-free customer service hotline at 1800 285 8888, available 24/7.
Effective 01 August 2015, we have renamed our GST Handling Fee to Advance Payment Fee. DHL Express pays in advance any GST charges raised by Singapore Customs on the behalf of the receiver. This helps to ensure faster customs clearance and delivery.
A minimum of SGD 20 is charged or 5% of the total GST payable, whichever is higher and up to a maximum of SGD 100.
Advance Payment is not applicable for Customs GIRO payment method.
DHL Express does not offer credit terms for GST. To expedite your shipment clearance, DHL Express has paid the GST in advance to Singapore Customs on your behalf.
As such, we need to recover the payment before the shipment is released.
You can pay by:
- Credit Card
- PayNow, to DHL Express UEN# 197700524Z
- Electronic Bank Transfer
- Cheque, crossed and made payable to DHL EXPRESS (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD
- Direct Debit