DHL EXPRESS SHIPMENT QUERY
In order to be a DHL Express Corporate Account Holder, one of the requirements is for your Company to be registered in Singapore. (Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority - ACRA).
A shipment’s volumetric weight refers to a calculation that reflects the density of a package. A less dense shipment generally occupies more volume of space, in comparison to its actual weight. The volumetric or dimensional weight is calculated and compared with the actual weight of the shipment to ascertain which is greater; the higher volumetric weight is used to calculate the shipment cost.
For more information please use our tool to calculate volumetric weight
Did you know that food flavoring, perfumes, chemicals and electronic equipment can be classified as dangerous goods? For specialist advice, and to learn about specific regulatory requirements as well as shipment checklists if you would like to ship dangerous goods with DHL Express please connect with one of our consultants in Singapore.
Please refer to this link to locate our Service Points in Singapore.
Please use our On Demand Delivery service to choose your preferred self collection location.
For Emailship / MyDHL+ Portal related or other express shipment queries, please contact our Ecommerce department at +65 6880-5649 with your query.
The hotline operates Monday to Friday, 0900-1800hours.
We offer a range of packaging options for your normal and express shipment. Please consider weight, size, and shape, the value of contents, fragility and regulations before you determine what’s best for the type of goods you wish to transport. You can order online using the form here. For any special requirements for packaging, please reach out to us to speak to a consultant about your query.
Shipments cannot be delivered to PO boxes or postal codes. Shipments are delivered to the receiver’s address given by shipper but not necessarily to the named receiver personally. Shipments to addresses with a central receiving area will be delivered to that area.
All claims must be submitted in writing to DHL Express within thirty (30) days from the date that DHL Express accepted the Shipment, failing which DHL Express shall have no liability whatsoever. Claims are limited to one claim per shipment, settlement of which will be full and final settlement for all loss or damage in connection therewith.
SHIPMENT CHECKLIST BY DHL EXPRESS SINGAPORE
1. Documentation Made Easy
We understand it can feel daunting to have to process multiple administrative documents for your shipments especially when you are new to it. But fret not, we make documentation easy for you with our simple guide and checklist for you to ensure you have what you need for the next step.
2. Understanding Your DHL Invoice
- Type of invoice: Tax Invoice, Credit note, etc.
- Customer Name and Billing Address
- Customer Billing Information: Account number, Invoice number, Invoice date, Page number (Page 1 is always the Summary Page)
- Type of Service: Description of service
- Number of Shipments: Total number of shipments within this service description and invoice
- Total Weight: Total weight of all shipments within this service description and invoice period
- Standard Shipping Charge: Transportation charge
- Total of Extra Charges: Total of other charges for each service
- Total Amount (incl. VAT): Weight charge + Other Charge + Discount = Total Charge for each line
- Analysis of Extra Charges: Description of additional charges for each service
- Analysis of Discounts: Description of the discount, code and amount
- Due Date
- Total Amount: Total amount due for payment
- The DHL Address
- Payment Instructions: Instructions for the different payment methods available
- Billing information for Processing: Account number, Invoice number, Amount Due
- Customer Billing Information: Invoice Number, Account number, Invoice Date, Page number. (Page 1 is always the summary Page)
- Type of invoice: Invoice, Credit, etc.
- Air Waybill Number: Customer DHL Waybill number
- Shippers Reference: Reference information provided in the Waybill
- Shipment Date: Date the shipment was sent
- Origin/Consignor: Consignor name and address
- Destination/Consignee: Consignee name and address
- Type of service: Description of service
- Weight in KG and Code: Total weight of all the shipments within this service and description and invoices period, and code of the weight billed
- Number of items: Total number of shipments within this service description and invoice
- Standard Charge: Transportation charge
- Discount amount and code
- Extra Charge Description: Description of additional charges for each service
- Extra Charges Amount: Total of other charges for each service
- Total Amount (incl. VAT): Standard Charge + Other Charge + Discount = Total Charge for each line
- Service Subtotal: Total of weight, items, and charges for each type of service
- Weight code descriptions
DHL PACKAGING AVAILABLE TO PROTECT YOUR SHIPMENT
We have a range of packaging to help protect your shipments during its import or export process.
Packaging and Specifications